Wednesday 1 June 2011

10 Days Until Wheels Roll

48 states, 10 provinces, 65 days.


It's June so that means that the countdown is really on.  10 days until departure and still literally thousands of details to arrange/confirm/communicate: routes, stops, events, meals, suppliers, volunteers, invitations, print materials...and always that nagging feeling that something's been missed.  So much focus on all the details that I don't think the anticipation or excitement has hit me yet.  In the moments when I feel overwhelmed with the TO DO list, I have to remind myself that this is truly the 'trip of a lifetime'.  It's so much more than the lists and details that are bogging me down right now.  And it's ultimately the reason I decided to try my hand at this blogging thing: realizing that I need a place to journal and share everything we encounter - the good, the challenging, the joyous, the tragic.  Because I do believe we will experience it all.


10 days to go.  If you're joining us through the stories and photos I'll share here, thank you.  I hope we all enjoy the journey.



No comments:

Post a Comment