Friday 3 June 2011

The Team On The Road

65 days on the road.  And who is on this trip?  I could tell you all about the riders - Lori, Jason and Del - and Dr T - the one that will be tasked with keeping us all healthy, but I'll let them speak for themselves.  Back in the winter, Lori, Jason and Dr. T all were interviewed on camera for a potential documentary.  The link below will give you a chance to meet them and find out how this trip got started and why they're all involved.  As for Del, we weren't able to get him on camera back then, so I'll let his own words do the speaking...


“Write a Bio, it’s not that difficult”, Lori and Jason exclaimed! Hmmm, using a feather boa and a glass of water, I once single-handedly defended a small village in the Amazon basin from a hoard of ferocious army ants. While on vacation in Eastern Canada, I successfully negotiated with a group of terrorists that had seized a small bakery and I can cook Thirty-Minute Brownies in twenty minutes. When I’m bored, I build large suspension bridges in my back yard.
Harley or nothing is my motto and my arse has been firmly planted on my custom Fatboy for many thousands of miles and thousands of great memories. The times I have spent on my hog, riding with friends and Brothers, are truly blessings that I hold close.
I do have 3 amazing kids, not really kids anymore but my babies nonetheless. President of a thriving business in Western Canada and the Pacific Northwest. Originally from ranching country in Alberta, raising Bison and American Paint Horses, to the suburbs of the Olympic City of Vancouver. An avid wine collector, Producer Circle member of the Vancouver Playhouse and Board member of The Fraser Valley Society for Children with Learning Disabilities. A supporter and organizer of many charities and fundraisers. An opportunity to ride and dream of things to come.
Widowed 19 years ago, I have learned a lot about the value of life and that tomorrow is not promised to any of us. The Answer for Cancer Tour is a way to look further than tomorrow and what we can do to bring awareness into the present. I extend an invitation to come ride with us or at the very least come out and say Hello. One more thing, the thing about the Brownies isn’t really true. See ya on the road!





No comments:

Post a Comment